Consider applying for a Town of Carrboro Advisory Board! All advisory boards currently have openings.
We need your voice at the table! All meetings will be virtual until further notice due to COVID-19. Please especially consider volunteering if you represent any of the following underrepresented groups: Black/African-American, Hispanic/Latinx, Native Americans, Asian-Pacific Americans, and Subcontinent Asian Americans, Senior Residents, Ages 20-34, Differently abled, LGBTQ+ and families of incomes of $50,000 or less.
In addition to the advisory board vacancies listed, the Town of Carrboro is also filling nine seats on a newly formed Climate Action Team. Learn more about this opportunity below.
Climate Action Team
Final number of seats: 9
Expected yearly meeting schedule:
(1) Up to four in-person meetings (all meetings will be virtual until further notice due to COVID-19)
(2) Up to four additional virtual meetings, as determined by staff to plan outreach events
(3) At least two community outreach events
(4) Special Meetings as necessary
Summary of work expected:
- CAT members will provide expertise and input on implementing and updating the Community Climate Action Plan and municipal Energy and Climate Protection Plan. CAT members will have the opportunity to provide feedback on the yearly environmental sustainability work plan and ongoing climate action initiatives as requested by staff. CAT members will analyze climate action initiatives with particular attention to race and equity, building on the recommendation for considering social justice and equity in the Community Climate Action Plan.
- CAT members will actively participate in the design, organization, and implementation of community outreach events. At these events, CAT members will educate and engage Carrboro residents in Town climate action initiatives.
- One of the most important duties for CAT members will be participation in the community outreach events. CAT members shall participate in at least one outreach event each calendar year.
For more information, contact the Town Clerk’s Office at email@example.com or 919-918-7309.