Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at https://www.carrboronc.gov/list.aspx ;
Civic involvement is a valued tradition in our community. Reach the Town Council with your ideas, views, and questions at Council@carrboronc.gov
The Carrboro Town Council will hold a Council Meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2023. The agenda is available at https://carrboro.legistar.com/MeetingDetail.aspx?ID=1109795&GUID=41C85C59-1109-4EAC-BD38-33BDD18AB288&Options=info|&Search=
The Town Council meets at Carrboro Town Hall, 301 W. Main St. Members of the public are welcome to attend in person or can view the livestream YouTube.com/CarrboroNC OR at https://carrboro.legistar.com/ OR Cable TV 18 (in Carrboro).
The Council held a Council Meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2023, and took the following actions:
- Appointed Lori McLamb and Justin Frye to the Greenways Commission and Huru Price to the Carrboro Tourism Development Authority.
- Authorized the Town Manager to execute a contract for the site assessment of identified town-owned land for possible affordable housing use.
- Adopted a capital improvement project ordinance for the Town’s participation in the construction of three signalized pedestrian crossings along NC 54.
- Adopted a grant project ordinance for the Safe Routes to School Non-Infrastructure Grant.
- Approved a planning grant application to the North Carolina Division of Water Infrastructure Local Assistance for Stormwater Infrastructure Investments.
- Set a public hearing for Oct. 24, 2023, to consider a text amendment to the Land Use Ordinance relating to residential density in a Planned Unit Development.
- Adopted the proposed changes to the Town of Carrboro Position Classification and Pay Plan to align job two titles and positions with the needs of the organization.
- Authorized the submittal of a T-Mobile grant application. If awarded, the funds will be used to refresh various critical public Wi-Fi infrastructure allowing for Wi-Fi 6/6E connectivity which offers greater bandwidth, higher speeds, and supports a greater number of Wi-Fi users.
- Approved the revised Westwood Cemetery Master Plan to incorporate cemetery improvements, additional areas for burial plots, diversified internment options, and undeveloped greenspace.
- Received a presentation of staff findings on potential code amendments for banning gas-powered landscape equipment in Carrboro to reduce environmental and noise pollution.
Find more in the agenda at https://carrboro.legistar.com/MeetingDetail.aspx?ID=1109794&GUID=F557B9DC-53C0-4255-A403-A980AE7BA60F&Options=info|&Search=
Watch the meeting at https://www.youtube.com/live/aQkTZ1dznN8?si=Kz9ihrJd6Nofp8xK ;
The Town Council, which is the legislative and policy-making body for Carrboro, comprises Mayor Damon Seils, Mayor Pro Tempore Susan Romaine, Council Member Barbara Foushee, Council Member Randee Haven-O’Donnell, Council Member Danny Nowell, Council Member Eliazar Posada, and Council Member Sammy Slade. More information is available at https://www.carrboronc.gov/248/Town-Council