Town Council Meeting Summary for 1/14/20
- Mayor Lavelle and Council Member Foushee presented a Resolution to MENTOR North Carolina and proclaimed January 2020 as National Mentoring Month in Carrboro.
- Mayor Lavelle proclaimed January 14, 2020 as Carrboro High School Women’s Cross Country State Champions Day.
- Mayor Lavelle presented a proclamation proclaiming January 16, 2020 as 100th Anniversary of the Zeta Phi Beta Sorority and presented the proclamation to sorority members in attendance, including, Council Member Foushee.
- Charges were issued to recently appointed Advisory Board Members.
- The Council approved the meeting minutes for the October 22, 2019 and November 12, 2019 meetings.
- The Council approved amendments to Advisory Board Chair forms.
- The Council approved a resolution adopting changes to the Town of Carrboro position classification and pay plan.
- The Council accepted the Stormwater Utility monthly report.
- The Council approved a resolution making appointment to the Carrboro Tourism Development Authority and selecting a chair person.
- The Council approved an amendment to Project Ordinance for preliminary engineering for a culvert replacement.
- The Council approved a budget amendment to recognize and appropriate contributions to support the Recreation and Parks Department’s Active Life programs and memorial bench.
- The Council accepted the Economic Development Report for the month of January.
- The Council approved a request to consider awarding a contract to Rawlings Contracting to elevate two homes on Lorraine Street and funding from the NC Hazard mitigation grant program.
- The Council discussed and agreed upon a process for future draft minutes.
- The Council approved an update on Transportation Projects for SPOT 6.0 prioritization process.
- The Council accepted and update on The 203 Project – Future home of the Orange County Southern Branch Library, Carrboro Recreation and Parks, and WCOM Radio.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx