Effective the week of June 3,2013, there will be new household trash and yard waste collection schedules. Use the interactive map to find your trash collection day and yard waste collection schedule.
Residential Solid Waste Services Brochure (brochure in PDF format)
Residents must place trash in roll-out containers. The containers are 95 gallon capacity and may be purchased from the Town Hall receptionist at 301 W. Main Street. You may print a Roll-out Trash Container Order Form and mail along with a check or purchase in person at Town Hall. Public Works will deliver the container to your residence within 2 business days of receipt of payment.
To use the online form, follow these steps -
Step 1: Download and print the Roll-out Trash Container Order Form.
Step 2: Mail completed form and check to Carrboro Town Hall, Attn. Roll-out Trash Container, 301 W. Main St., Carrboro, NC 27510.
Please follow these simple guidelines when disposing of garbage and household trash:
- Containers shall be placed adjacent to the street by 7:30 am on collection day (but not before dark on day prior to collection) and removed from the pick-up point by 6:00 am the day following the collection day.
- All household trash must be placed in a garbage bag and then placed inside the container.
- Place containers at the street with the lid opening toward the street.
- Allow 3 feet of clearance between your container and any other item including the recycle container.
- To report service problems, call 918-7425 or email the Solid Waste Division at email@example.com.
Thank you for following these tips. It helps us provide better service to you. Please see the holiday schedule below for alternate day collections.