The town does provide for the collection of certain large items. To schedule bulky item pick-up, please call 919-918-7425.
The following items will be collected for a small fee:
- Appliances: 3 or less $16 ($4 for each additional)
- Mattresses / Box Springs:
- 1 or 2 pieces $7
- 3 or 4 pieces $14
- Televisions (over 19”): $6 ($4 each additional)
- Couches / Sofas / Loveseats: 1 piece $7 ($5 each additional)
Items will be collected curbside within 2 business days of receipt of payment at Town Hall reception. Please pay before placing at curb. You do not need to notify Public Works that payment has been made.
Free Item Collection
The following acceptable items will be collected free. Items should be placed curbside on your roll-out trash collection day and will be collected within 2 business days.
- Clean metal: Bicycles, etc.
- All clean metal must be separated from other bulk items and placed curbside for collection
- Computer monitors and televisions: Small amounts will be collected curbside
- May also be recycled at the Orange County Landfill
- Paint cans: Paint cans should be opened and the paint allowed to dry
- With the lid removed and contents completely dry, paint cans may be placed curbside
- Furniture and large items:
- Lawn furniture
- Microwave ovens
- Push lawnmowers
Contact Orange County Solid Waste Management to find out how to dispose of the following items:
- Building / Remodeling items:
- Batteries: Large sized alkaline batteries and wet cell / lead acid batteries such as the kind found in cars, trucks, and boats
- Hazardous materials of any type
- Vehicle parts of any type
- Aluminum cans: All aluminum cans are banned from the landfill
- Corrugated cardboard: Orange County Recycling collects corrugated cardboard as part of their curbside recycling
- Cardboard boxes should be flattened and placed alongside other recyclables and in pieces no longer than 3 feet by 3 feet
- Limit 10 boxes