- Advisory Boards & Commissions
- Racial Equity Commission
Racial Equity Commission
- 6 p.m.
- 4th Wednesday of each month
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are prepared prior to the meeting, minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda (PDF) | All Agendas
The Racial Equity Commission is composed of 9 members appointed by the Town Council:
- 2 non-voting, liaison members shall be selected from the membership of the Town Council
- 1 non-voting, liaison member shall be the Town's Race & Equity Officer
- 1 voting liaison member shall be selected from the Affordable Housing Advisory Commission
- 1 voting liaison member shall be selected from the Environmental Advisory Board
- 1 voting liaison member shall be selected from the Economic Sustainability Commission
- 1 voting liaison member shall be selected from the Carrboro Farmer's Market Board or BIPOC business owner
- 2 voting members shall have lived in the Town for at least twenty (20) years and be people of color
- 2 voting members shall have lived in the Town for at least ten (10) years and be people of color
- 1 voting member shall be a youth member
- All 9 members shall be residents of the Town
Duties & Responsibilities
The commission shall advise and work with the Town Council, Race & Equity Officer, and Town staff to educate, provide leadership, and facilitate on-going equitable engagement within the immediate and greater Carrboro community toward the goal of creating a community of inclusiveness in which political, economic, social, and cultural institutions are no longer predicated and influenced by race.
All members shall complete race and equity training provided by the Town's Core Team. This training may be provided before or after appointment.