News Release from Carrboro Business Alliance
The Carrboro Business Alliance (CBA) has launched the new Carrboro Cheer Gift Guide (www.CarrboroCheer.com), which showcases more than 60 curated, uniquely Carrboro gift ideas for the holiday shopping season. The Gift Guide is part of Carrboro Cheer, an annual initiative coordinated by the CBA to spread cheer and support local Carrboro businesses all season long. https://www.carolinachamber.org/carrboro-cheer/
“The Carrboro Cheer Gift Guide makes it fun, safe, and easy for shoppers to buy local and knock out their entire holiday shopping list in one swoop with uniquely Carrboro purchases,” said Bridget Pemberton-Smith, Chair of the Carrboro Business Alliance Marketing Committee and Executive Director of the Art Therapy Institute.
The Carrboro Cheer Gift Guide is a new feature of Carrboro Cheer to encourage more local shopping this holiday season. The Gift Guide showcases more than 60 curated, uniquely Carrboro gift ideas with safe purchasing options and quick delivery details. There are currently six gift lists in the Carrboro Cheer Gift Guide:
1. Uniquely Carrboro, which features Carrboro-branded gift options, such as the “I’m Openly Carrboro” T-shirt from This + That Gift Gallery and the signature, scratch-made Chipotle Salsa sold by the jar from Carrburritos Taqueria.
2. One-Click Wonders, which features Carrboro gifts available for safe and easy purchase online, such as a Coffee Gift Box from Carrboro Coffee Roasters and the Five Fragrance Gift Pack from The Fragrance Shop.
3. Gifts around $15, which features affordable treasures, such as a 32-ounce growler of craft beer from Craftboro Brewing Depot and candles made by Black-owned businesses and sold in the gift shop at Weaver Street Market.
4. Gifts to Savor, which features flavorful gifts of Carrboro, including food, beer, and wine, such as the molasses ginger cookies from Neal’s Deli and artisanal offerings from Glasshalfull Mercantile.
5. Gifts to Delight, which features presents from Carrboro’s many gift shops and stores, such as the new cozy-chic “Barefoot Dreams” collection from Sofia’s Boutique and the handcrafted aromatic wood wind charmer and spinner from a local vendor at the Carrboro Farmers’ Market.
6. Gifts to Experience, which features Carrboro experiences that can be gifted, such as a pottery or painting class from The ArtsCenter and a salt soak experience from Arete Float Tank and Personal Optimization Studio.
Calendar of Cheer
While the holidays look a little different this year given the coronavirus, there are opportunities to have safe and positive shopping experiences that support local Carrboro businesses and the Carrboro community.