The following is an update on the continuing reopening of the Carrboro Century Center and related department programs, events and reservations.
Since May 17, the Century Center at 100 N. Greensboro St. has been open for limited, reduced capacity pre-registered programming and events and by appointment for other services. We are available to conduct business by appointment only by calling the front desk at 919-918-7364 to make an appointment Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
The following are updates to the re-opening plan:
- Effective June 1, all recreation classes have returned to their normal size limits.
- Due to CDC guidance on close contact events, we have lifted capacity limits and are currently accepting all Century Center reservations with the exception of larger public events. We ask that people wear masks and social distance during events.
- Century Center reservation restrictions will change based on further guidance from the CDC and state agencies (Date TBD).
- Effective July 12, all employees will be back in the office, and the Century Center will be open and accepting walk-in traffic. All employees and patrons will be asked to continue to wear masks inside of the facility until further notice.
- The Carrboro Cybrary plans to add additional hours and services the first week in August, and will continue its current curbside schedule until then.
Cybrary hours for reopening in August:
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Saturday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday/Thursday: 12 noon to 7 p.m.
Cybrary hours later this Fall:
- Monday through Thursday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
If you have any questions, please contact the Recreation, Parks & Cultural Resources main office at 919-918-7364.