The Carrboro Public Works Department announces expanded service to collect bulk waste items such as furniture and appliances on a regular, biweekly schedule.
Collection Schedule: Residents from Hillsborough Road, Greensboro Street, Hanna Street, and points south will have bulk waste collection on 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month. All points north of Hillsborough Road, Greensboro Street, and Hanna Street will have bulk waste collection on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month. If a month has five Wednesdays, there will be no bulk item waste collection on the fifth Wednesday. Bulk item collection may be cancelled or delayed due to inclement weather.
Fees: All bulk waste items are collected FREE of charge.
- Clean metal: Bicycles, etc. Metal must be separated from other bulk items and placed curbside for collection.
- Computer monitors and televisions: Small amounts will be collected curbside. May also be recycled at the Orange County Landfill.
- Paint cans: Paint cans should be opened and the paint allowed to dry. With the lid removed and contents completely dry, paint cans may be placed curbside.
- Furniture and large items, such as appliances, couches, chairs, tables, mattresses/box springs, lawn furniture, grills, microwave ovens, etc.
- Building/remodeling items
- Vehicle parts of any type
- Hazardous materials of any type including large alkaline batteries and wet cell/lead acid batteries such as the kind found in car, trucks, and boats.
REUSE is better than disposal and recycling! Good usable items can be donated to a local charity or thrift store.