As a reminder, the OWASA sewer line replacement project continues this weekend (Feb. 18-21, 2022) with road closures starting Friday at 8 p.m. and continuing through Monday at 6 a.m. This will occur each weekend until the project is complete.
All businesses remain open! Parking lots and sidewalks will be accessible, so please continue to support your favorite local businesses.
Update from OWASA:
- Work will begin Friday evening at 8 p.m. and continue through the weekend until Monday morning at 6 a.m.
- The intersection of E. Main and Greensboro streets will be open to through traffic on Greensboro Street. Traffic will be blocked only for vehicles entering the block of E. Main Street from Greensboro Street to the split with Weaver Street
- E. Main Street will be closed to vehicle traffic from Greensboro Street to the split with Weaver Street
- Sidewalks and pedestrian traffic will be open throughout the project and a pedestrian crossing of E. Main St. will be maintained in the work zone.
- An additional pedestrian crossing zone will be delineated within the work zone.
- Parking lot access will be maintained.
Learn more about the upgrade work on the OWASA project webpage at https://www.owasa.org/project/east-main-street-sewer-rehabilitation-project/