Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at carrboronc.gov/signup
Civic involvement is a valued tradition in our community. Reach the Town Council with your ideas, views, and questions at Council@carrboronc.gov
The Town Council will meet next at 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 10, to consider an agenda that is posted at https://bit.ly/3LTMGZT and https://carrboro.legistar.com/
This in-person meeting will be held at Carrboro Town Hall, 301 W. Main St. Members of the public are welcome to attend in person or can view the livestream at https://carrboro.legistar.com/ OR YouTube.com/CarrboroNC OR Cable TV 18 (in Carrboro).
To submit a comment on this agenda, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the Town Clerk.
The Carrboro Town Council met virtually Tuesday, May 3, and took the following actions on the agenda posted at https://bit.ly/3yizzxc
- Approved recommended funding for for the purchase of a rental unit by EMPOWERment from the Affordable Housing Special Revenue Fund.
- Awarded award a contract for the Town’s annual independent audit for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2022
- Approved an update to Town Code for Illicit Discharge Provisions.
- Received an annual update from the Orange Water and Sewer Authority, as well as an update to the Long-Range Water Supply Plan.
- Approved financing up to $12,650,000 for the 203 Project and approved a financing contract with Truist Bank.
About the Town Council
The Town Council is the legislative and policy-making body for Carrboro, consisting of the following: Mayor Damon Seils, Mayor Pro Tempore Susan Romaine, Council Member Barbara Foushee, Council Member Randee Haven-O’Donnell, Council Member Danny Nowell and Council Member Sammy Slade. More information is available at http://carrboronc.gov/248/Town-Council