Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at carrboronc.gov/signup
Civic involvement is a valued tradition in our community. Reach the Town Council with your ideas, views, and questions at Council@carrboronc.gov
The Town Council will meet next at 7 p.m. Tuesday, June 14, to consider an agenda that is posted at https://carrboro.legistar.com/ and https://bit.ly/3zDv5lJ
This in-person meeting will be held at Carrboro Town Hall, 301 W. Main St. Members of the public are welcome to attend in person or can view the livestream at https://carrboro.legistar.com/ OR YouTube.com/CarrboroNC OR Cable TV 18 (in Carrboro).
To submit a comment on this agenda, please contact email@example.com to reach the Town Clerk.
The Carrboro Town Council met Tuesday, June 7, and took the following actions on the agenda posted at https://bit.ly/3MgTPmt
- Welcomed Council Member Eliazar Posada, who was sworn into office by NC Representative Ricky Hurtado. A special election was held on May 17, 2022, to fill an open seat on the Council when Damon Seils was elected to the mayorship in late 2021.
- Recognized and appropriated contributions made to the Carrboro Fire Department.
- Authorized the Town Manager to execute a contract extension with Ramey Kemp & Associates (RKA) to complete the preliminary design for the S. Greensboro Street sidewalk project. Learn more at http://www.townofcarrboro.org/2303/S-Greensboro-Sidewalk
- Authorized staff to request an amendment to NCDOT’s State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP) to allocate local discretionary funds to the Jones Creek Greenway Project. The project will provide walking and cycling options for the Lake Hogan Farms, Legends, Ballentine, and Fox Meadow neighborhoods to destinations such as Morris Grove Elementary and Twin Creeks Park.
- Held a public hearing on the Recommended Town Budget for Fiscal Year 2022-2023. View the proposed budget at http://www.carrboronc.gov/2708/Recommended-Annual-Operating-Budget-2022
- Considered a development application for a new three-story commercial and retail building at 201 N. Greensboro St. This was a continuation of a public hearing for the development application for this building. Council directed staff to prepare a findings of fact decision incorporating the modified site plan, sidewalk and a few other conditions. This item will be brought back to Council for final approval before summer break. Located at the corner of Greensboro and Weaver streets in downtown Carrboro, view project plans at https://www.beaconpropertiesgroup.com/properties/detail/downtown-carrboro-201-n-greensboro-st
- Received the Annual Orange County Food Council presentation and progress report. The Orange County Food Council (OCFC) is a coalition of community members working to grow a local food system that ensures health, sustainable agriculture, a thriving local food economy and access for all.
- Approved a special use permit application for the ArtsCenter to renovate an existing building at 400 Roberson St. Plans for the center include an auditorium, painting studio, youth center, and various other spaces for artists. Learn more at https://artscenterlive.org/our-new-home/
- Adopted the Carrboro Connects 2022-2042 Comprehensive Plan. The plan is built on the foundations of racial equity and climate action and, for the first time, brings the goals of the Town as a whole into a single document. The policies and projects reflect the vision, ideas, and commitment to Carrboro that were shared by thousands of residents, businesses, and organizations. Learn more at https://www.carrboroconnects.org/
About the Town Council
The Town Council is the legislative and policy-making body for Carrboro, consisting of the following: Mayor Damon Seils, Mayor Pro Tempore Susan Romaine, Council Member Barbara Foushee, Council Member Randee Haven-O’Donnell, Council Member Danny Nowell, Council Member Eliazar Posada, and Council Member Sammy Slade. More information is available at http://carrboronc.gov/248/Town-Council