Construction is underway on the 203 Project at 203 S. Greensboro St., the project to complete a new library and civic building. Currently, the site is being graded and excavated for the concrete foundations and floor slab. A tower crane is beginning to go up!
Other updates include:
- A new traffic pattern has been in effect since November 1st and will remain in place for the duration of the project.
- Aggregate piers have been installed to prepare for the building foundation.
- Expect a significant amount of concrete to be poured over the next several months as the structure gets built.
- Entrance and exit gates are being fabricated and will be installed at the east and west corners on Roberson Street.
The $42 million development will be the future home of the Orange County Southern Branch Library. The facility will also provide a permanent home for the Orange County Skills Development Center; Carrboro Recreation, Parks and Cultural Resources Department; WCOM Radio; and performance/multipurpose uses. The 203 Project will provide opportunities for education, art and community connection.
- The Town of Carrboro posts regular updates to the community on the Town website and through social media. Sign up to receive Carrboro Town News updates at www.carrboronc.gov/signup
- If you would like to be included on a neighborhood email distribution list, which includes residents living in the adjacent neighborhood and the local business community, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org
- More information is available at https://www.the203project.org/