CARRBORO, N.C. -- Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at https://www.carrboronc.gov/SIGNUP
Town Council Update
Meeting agendas and updates are issued from the Town Clerk’s Office. To receive these by email or text, sign up for Carrboro Town News at https://www.carrboronc.gov/SIGNUP
Civic involvement is a valued tradition in our community. Reach the Town Council with your ideas, views, and questions at Council@carrboronc.gov
The Carrboro Town Council will hold a Council Meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 4, 2023. The agenda is available at https://bit.ly/3zr1jz5 and at https://carrboro.legistar.com/
This meeting will be held at Carrboro Town Hall, 301 W. Main St. Members of the public are welcome to attend in person or can view the livestream at https://carrboro.legistar.com/ OR YouTube.com/CarrboroNC OR Cable TV 18 (in Carrboro).
To download a copy of the full meeting calendar visit https://www.carrboronc.gov/DocumentCenter/View/12313
The Carrboro Town Council met Tuesday, March 28, 2023, for a Council Meeting and took the following actions on the agenda posted at https://bit.ly/3ZmrZMb
- Adopted a 2023 Native Plant Month Resolution.
- Presented a 2023 Sexual Assault Awareness Month Proclamation.
- Approved a modification the ArtsCenter COVID-19 Mitigation Business Grant budget.
- Scheduled a public hearing for April 18, 2023 to establish an annexation boundary for the Towns of Carrboro and Chapel Hill.
- Directed staff to conduct public engagement on the alternative alignment options proposed in the 2009 Bolin Creek Greenway Conceptual Master Plan by October 17, 2023 and report back to Town Council no later than October 31, 2023.
- Awarded a contract to Eagle Solar and Light, LLC to install Solar Photovoltaic on Town buildings including Fire Station 1, Public Works, and the 203 S. Greensboro St. Project.
- Provided an update on Carrboro Town Council Procedures Manual, provided clarification on the 13 Key Strategic Areas and Deliverables, and provided an update on the development of the Town Manager and Town Clerk performance evaluation tools.
The Town Council, which is the legislative and policy-making body for Carrboro, comprises Mayor Damon Seils, Mayor Pro Tempore Susan Romaine, Council Member Barbara Foushee, Council Member Randee Haven-O’Donnell, Council Member Danny Nowell, Council Member Eliazar Posada, and Council Member Sammy Slade. More information is available at https://www.carrboronc.gov/248/Town-Council