BOA Meeting Summary for BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING SUMMARY FOR 1/8/19
January 8, 2019
The Carrboro Board of Aldermen met on Tuesday January 8, 2019. Following is a brief summary of noteworthy actions. It does not include all actions taken at the meeting and should not be viewed as official minutes. Meeting Materials
for this meeting, and previous meetings,are available on the Town of Carrboro website.
- The Board recognized the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce Firefighter of the year, Relief Driver- David Riggs and Police Officer of the Year, Sgt. Ryan Daniels.
- Jowan Murdaugh was charged to the Youth Advisory Board.
- The Board approved the November 13th and 27th previous meetings minutes.
- The Board amended the town code to be reflective of the Board of Aldermen 7pm meeting time and to allow further flexibility in meeting days.
- The Board was provided an update to the Economic Development report for the month January.
- The Board approved a request to consider a resolution to continue participation in the Transportation Demand Management Program.
- The Board continued the public hearing for Sanderway AIS CUP.
MATTERS BY BOARD MEMBERS
- Members from the Orange County Veterans Memorial Committee provided the Board with a presentation and to consider a funding request in support of the Orange County Veterans Memorial.
- The Board was provided a comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for the fiscal year of 2018.
- The Board asked staff to provide resources for Federal Government employees.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx and register for the Board of Aldermen News
- The Board requested an opportunity to discuss the discussion guidelines that hang in the Boardroom. Staff will schedule this for February.