BOARD OF ALDERMEN MEETING SUMMARY FOR 11/1/19
- The Board approved a Resolution Dispute Settlement Center Month
- Charges were issued to the recently appointed advisory board members and the youth advisory board.
- The Board approved the meeting minutes for the September 17th and October 15th Board of Aldermen meetings.
- The Board appointed Margaret Funkhouser and Deborah Filer to the Recreation and Parks Commission.
- The Board accepted the economic and development report for the month of November.
- The Board accepted the stormwater utility monthly report.
- The Board approved to set a public hearing on January 21, 2019 for modification to the stormwater rate structure.
- The Board approved a contract amendment for CEI services for the Homestead Road and Chapel Hill High School multi-use path.
- The Board authorized staff to bring back a consent agenda item making amendments to the town code pertaining to the YAB for November 19, 2019.
- The Board approved a town code amendment for establishing a speed limit on Laughing Bird Lane.
- The Board approved to hold an auction on disposal of surplus property and public auction for November 16, 2019.
- The Board approved to schedule a resolution changing the governing body name to “Town Council” for November 19, 2019 to be effective on December 3, 2019.
- The Board approved the design of Stage 2 traffic calming for Cobblestone Drive.
- The Board discussed how to increase diversity on advisory boards by reviewing the board application.
- The Board heard and approved a presentation on the 2019 Town of Carrboro pavement conditions survey and sidewalk and cub ramp condition survey.
- The Board heard and approved a presentation of Public Work’s facilities condition assessment and consideration of a town facilities condition rehab fund.
To sign up for future Board of Aldermen news flashes, please visit http://www.townofcarrboro.org/list.aspx