Description of Duties
- Attends all team functions including pre-season meetings, clinics, and seminars
- Coach works directly with children in their assigned age groupings (6-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-15), teaching the sport
- Makes decisions in the best interest of the team and places more emphasis on the emotional and physical well-being of the players over wins and losses
- Organizes and teaches the correct and proper playing skills and fundamentals during practice and applies them in games
- Person communicates effectively with players, parents and departmental staff. Assists in distributing program information from the department to each individual participant
- Provides a safe environment at practice as well as an enjoyable atmosphere at games
- Reports directly to the Recreation Supervisor or assigned staff
- Has knowledge of the rules and the fundamentals of the game
- Has previous experience either as a player and / or a coach in the sport
- Must enjoy working with children
- Be accessible via phone (with answering machine) and email
- Be willing and able to complete the season from program start to completion of the playing season
- Have their own transportation to head to and from team activities
Time requires for each sport may vary, but teams generally meet 2-3 times per week for practices and games. For specific information, contact the Recreation and Parks Department to speak with the Recreation Supervisor who coordinates the program.
Contact Carrboro Recreation, Parks, & Cultural Resources by calling 919-918-7364 and fill out our Volunteer Application Form.